Recharging your PHCN (NEPA) prepaid meter online is not as difficult as you think. Whether you own a personal computer (PC) or a smartphone, you can easily do it from the comfort of your home. Allow me to show you how to recharge prepayment meter without stress and thank me later.
Whether your light went off due to insufficient prepaid credit during the weekend while watching your favorite movie, Vtpass got you covered. You can pay for your PHCN prepaid meter online anywhere you live in Nigeria provided you have internet access and a laptop/desktop or mobile phone.
What is Vtpass?
It is simply a website hosted online where you can pay for Electricity bills (PHCN) using your computer or Smartphone without leaving your house. You can also buy your Phone Airtime Recharge, Internet Data bundle or pay for Cable TV subscription (DSTV, GOTV, Startimes).
To purchase your prepaid meter token, you need the following:
- Your prepaid meter number
- Debit card (Mastercard, Visa, or Verve from any Nigerian bank)
- Internet-connected computer or Smartphone
- Vtpass account (optional but we recommended you create one for yourself) – Click here to register
Steps to Recharge Prepaid Meter Online Using Personal Computer (PC)
- Connect your laptop to the internet using a modem or wireless hotspot
- Visit Vtpass official website and log on to your account with your username and password – Click here
- You will see a welcome message and a box asking you the question “What do you want to do”, select “Pay Electricity Bills” from the options. You will see another dropdown box where you can select if you want to pay for Ikeja Electric (PHCN), Abuja Electric (AEDC), Kano Electric (KEDCO), Port Harcourt Electric (PHED), Jos Electric (JED), and Enugu Electric (EEDC). Afterwards click on the button “Go”
- You will be taken to another page where you can choose the meter type you are paying for (i.e. Prepaid or Postpaid), select the “Prepaid” option
- After selecting the Metertype, Enter your Meter Number, Phone Number, Email Address and the Amount you want to buy in the input box that follows. Please make sure you fill the forms correctly.
- Click “Continue”
- A confirmation page will be shown to you containing the details you filled, if you find everything in order, confirm the transaction and click the “Pay with Card” option.
- A pop up dialog will be displayed on your computer, enter your Debit Card Number, The Expiration Date and the Card Verification Value (CVV being a 3 digit number on the back of your ATM card).
Note: Other payment options available include direct deposit to a bank (Access Bank, Zenith Bank, Sterling Bank and ProvidusBank) or using USSD code (Zenith Bank or GTBank).
Subsequent to making payment, you will receive a confirmation email and/or a text message on your phone to show successful transaction if there are no errors. The prepaid meter token will be delivered instantly to your email address or phone number. In cases where there is poor network, just wait patiently. After you have received your token, go ahead to load the prepaid meter and start enjoying electricity again.
Steps to Recharge Prepaid Meter Online Using Android Smartphone
It’s pretty much the same process when using your computer that will apply here, just a few changes anyway.
- Turn on your Smartphone data.
- Download and install Vtpass app from Google Playstore – Click Here
- After installation launch Vtpass app on your phone. You can choose to login or continue without login
- Select “Pay Electricity Bills” option
- Select if you want to pay for Ikeja Electric, AEDC, KEDCO, PHED, JED or EEDC (scroll up to see what abbreviations mean)
- Select “Prepaid” option
- Enter Meter Number, Phone Number, Email Address and the Amount you want to buy
- Confirm that you filled the forms correctly and proceed by clicking “Pay With Card”
- Enter your ATM Card Number, Expiration Date and CVV.
After doing everything that you have been asked to do, finish up by paying for your prepaid meter token and wait for an email or text message showing you the voucher code.
All the best and don’t forget to visit us again.